We are looking for a highly qualified substation technician to join our growing team. The ideal person will perform testing and maintenance on various types of substation equipment including but not limited to power transformers, load tap changers, voltage regulators, circuit switchers, circuit breakers, reclosers, current transformers, potential transformers, batteries, and grounding systems.
- A minimum of five years’ experience testing of substation equipment is required.
- Ability to read electrical prints including one line, schematic and wiring prints.
- Ability to interpret test results and evaluate the results based on standards provided by the specific equipment manufacturer, test equipment manufacturer and/or company provided standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot control circuitry of substation equipment that may require troubleshooting both electrical and mechanical problems.
- General knowledge of substation wiring standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings using written and verbal communications skills.
- Present recommendations for repairs and/or upgrades to other team members, management, and/or client representatives.
- Proficient with the set up and use of general and specialized test equipment encountered in the daily testing of electrical substations. This may include but not be limited to the following test equipment required to perform these tests: Doble power factor testing, circuit breaker analyzers, DLRO, hi-pot, insulation resistance, winding resistance, turns ratio, ground grid, battery systems, clamp meters, and digital multimeters.
- Proficient with the use of a computer including general Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook as well as vendor specific software for the use of specialized test equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a small team environment.
- Ability to supervise and train less experienced technicians.
- Possess a class A (or class A57) CDL or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Good driving record with clean motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Regional Travel required 75% or more. Our normal work schedule is Monday through Thursday, 10 hours per day.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance are provided for the employee and employee’s family with no monthly premiums paid by the employee. All premium costs are covered by the company.
- Employee Life Insurance.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Ten paid holidays.
- Paid sick time.
- 401K with a 4% company match.